You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 1.7.0.331 unable to start

There should be several subfolders in your %Temp%\AffinitySetup folder, with *.log files in each one. If you don’t have log files for your most recent installation attempt, you can force the installer to generate them by following these instructions (amending steps 2 and 3 to refer to Photo instead of Publisher, of course).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

There should also be a Setup.log file. Were you unable to find that one?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

@jc4d, I assume the app installed correctly, it just starting the app that failed? Can you rename the %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta) folder (to anything), then start the application again? If that works, can you zip up the renamed folder and attach it to the forum so we can investigate?

3 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

@jc4d, I assume the app installed correctly, it just starting the app that failed? Can you rename the %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta) folder (to anything), then start the application again? If that works, can you zip up the renamed folder and attach it to the forum so we can investigate?

Hi Mark,

Yes, the application installed correctly but the starting failed. I did what you suggested and I got it up and running. Thank you.

I'm attaching you the folder zipped.

Test_beta.zip

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.