jc4d

Beta 1.7.0.331 unable to start

Hi all,

I'm unable to start the new beta 1.7.0.331. The splash screen loads but after that the app just disappears.
Where I can find the dump file or log?

There should be several subfolders in your %Temp%\AffinitySetup folder, with *.log files in each one. If you don’t have log files for your most recent installation attempt, you can force the installer to generate them by following these instructions (amending steps 2 and 3 to refer to Photo instead of Publisher, of course).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

There should also be a Setup.log file. Were you unable to find that one?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

@jc4d, I assume the app installed correctly, it just starting the app that failed? Can you rename the %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta) folder (to anything), then start the application again? If that works, can you zip up the renamed folder and attach it to the forum so we can investigate?

3 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

@jc4d, I assume the app installed correctly, it just starting the app that failed? Can you rename the %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta) folder (to anything), then start the application again? If that works, can you zip up the renamed folder and attach it to the forum so we can investigate?

Hi Mark,

Yes, the application installed correctly but the starting failed. I did what you suggested and I got it up and running. Thank you.

I'm attaching you the folder zipped.

Test_beta.zip