You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting vectors for micro stock sites on AD for iPad

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a fantastic Friday so far. 

So I'm seeing a strange issue after exporting EPS files from AD on my iPad. After moving the EPS file to my Mac I upload them to Shutterstock where they get flagged for an art board issue. Specifically I get "Vector is overlapping artboard bounds or is too small on the artboard, or there is more than one artboard in the file.". After reading this I opened them in Adobe Illustrator (free trial, I'm not paying for it.) and Indeed the art board is the wrong size. Now I had seen a post for AD on the desktop where people are having the same issue and according to the post I can fix this by choosing the 'Micro Stock' preset in the export settings, which I don't think exists on my iPad. 

So any suggestions? Am I just exporting them wrong maybe?

I've attached a few screen shots of what I'm seeing

9CC2FFAF-9EE5-4DF2-A32D-A10E0AA8F81F.png

D1A55856-B036-4705-87D1-991E2B8168E0.png

F92EA041-F6E0-412C-9DEB-B4E6F1C82F1E.png

14 minutes ago, Danny84 said:

Specifically I get "Vector is overlapping artboard bounds or is too small on the artboard, or there is more than one artboard in the file."

Your first screenshot shows a ‘Pattern Board’ and a ‘Preview Board’. detective.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

58 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Your first screenshot shows a ‘Pattern Board’ and a ‘Preview Board’. detective.gif

Hi Alfred! Thank you so much for the response. Yes you are correct in that I start with 2 art boards. If you look at my export settings you see that I’m only exporting the art board labeled “pattern board”... and then when I open the eps file in AI then you get what I see in screen shot 2

let me update my screen shots so they make more sense. 

project to export.PNG

export settings.PNG

What Ilustrator sees.png

Edited by Danny84

5 minutes ago, Danny84 said:

Hi Alfred! Thank you so much for the response. Yes you are correct in that I start with 2 art boards. If you look at my export settings you see that I’m only exporting the art board labeled “pattern board”... and then when I open the eps file in AI then you get what I see in screen shot 2

I understand now, Danny. Thanks for the clarification!

I’ll leave this one to somebody who actually uses AI.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi Danny84,

I think the post you refer to is this one where the user created their own preset called Micro Stock.  All of the settings shown on that screenshot are available in the iPad version of Designer, so i'd expect this to work.

Can you attach the .afdesign file for upload it to our Dropbox here and i'll take a look and see what the problem could be

On 5/20/2019 at 4:25 AM, stokerg said:

Hi Danny84,

I think the post you refer to is this one where the user created their own preset called Micro Stock.  All of the settings shown on that screenshot are available in the iPad version of Designer, so i'd expect this to work.

Can you attach the .afdesign file for upload it to our Dropbox here and i'll take a look and see what the problem could be

Hi Stokerg!! Thank you so much for your help. I have uploaded my original design file to the drop box link you have provided. As I've stated before I'm trying to only export the 'pattern' art board to an EPS file and then upload that to Shutterstock.And of course Shutterstock says "Vector is overlapping artboard bounds or is too small on the artboard, or there is more than one artboard in the file.".. I'm positive I'm just not doing something real simple. I really appreciate the time you are taking to look into this for me.