You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity designer why add pixel parts in my vector artwork ?

Hi,

I like using affinity designer for my vector artworks. But after finished my vector artwork i save it .EPS format after this i upload it for sale in stock service... Stock service giving me warning "Your artwork included bitmap pixel" ! Later i will open it in Adobe Illustrator then i see really bitmap pixel parts there ! But i never touch anything pixel art !?How is it possible Affinity designer without my command itself add my vector artworks bitmap pixel pieces ? How can i will stop doing that ?

39 minutes ago, summersara said:

etc

Nonstandard Blend mode, for example Erase. 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

7 hours ago, summersara said:

Hi,

Have you added any any Layer Effects like Shadow, 3D effects, Gaussian blur etc? these parts will rasterized, see this thread: Export without Rasterize

no no, i take care it, i know effect make that bitmap-pixel parts add my vector work. I want to be sure how without my knowledge affinity designer add again bitmap parts.

Is that program have a somewhere settings like a on/off "never add any bitmap object" ? Finally i give up Affinity designer, because every upload time i get "you have bitmap objecy in your artwork" and later i open this file in Adobe Illustrator, find, delete etc. it longer time than directly using Adobe Illustrator.

15 minutes ago, ciddiffinity said:

And later i open this file in Adobe Illustrator, find, delete etc.

What was it you found and had to delete in Illustrator?  Maybe if you upload your afdesign file here someone can check it? Sorry i don't have Illustrator to look myself.

Edit: Might also help to know what format you are exporting from Affinity.

Thank you very much... i don't know pdf export is okay... But main theme i want export .EPS and upload stock sell service, not illustrator. Because of that bitmap problem fixing everytime i must re-open my vector work in adobe illustrator and find that bitmap object(s). if don't do that affinity then i upload stock service page and finish my duty.

On 5/18/2019 at 8:36 PM, Fixx said:

Have you selected "Rasterise:" > "Nothing" in export options?

On 5/18/2019 at 6:54 PM, summersara said:

It might be worth checking out this thread, the best export option recommended is to PDF, checking not to rasterize anything : Exporting to Illustrator

Okay again same problem and i will show my problem. I hope better this screenshots . Anyone have idea how can i stopped this program don't export rasterized my vectorworks ?

WhyAffinityDesignerExportRasterizedPartsOfMyVectorArts-2019-05-22_145034.jpg

• Staff

Hi ciddiffinity,
Check these objects in the original Affinity Designer file - do they have a gradient or transparency applied? There must be something forcing the rasterisation. Note that EPS is an old format - it doesn't have support for quite a few features natively, in particular transparency. Adobe Illustrator embeds the Ai file/data when it exports to EPS and that's what it uses to load the file back with everything editable. 

47 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi ciddiffinity,
Check these objects in the original Affinity Designer file - do they have a gradient or transparency applied? There must be something forcing the rasterisation. Note that EPS is an old format - it doesn't have support for quite a few features natively, in particular transparency. Adobe Illustrator embeds the Ai file/data when it exports to EPS and that's what it uses to load the file back with everything editable. 

Thanks for your answer...

I make that part is in Affinity Design %50 transparency and i understand because of this it is rasterized !.. Okay, thank you very much. Finally i understand and find solution. I love using Affinity Designer, because of this i want to find solution about this problem. Thanks for helping me , thanks everybody ! Have a nice day...

49 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi ciddiffinity,

Okay, thank you very much. Finally i understand and find solution. I love using Affinity Designer, because of this i want to find solution about this problem. Thanks for helping me , thanks everybody ! Have a nice day...