You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Loss of location information when changing Persona

I loaded a raw image into APB (build 124) that contained gps location information. The location information was properly displayed in the Location Panel:

WithGPS.thumb.jpg.f85b9858cfa26f15d0c4b85af108da7d.jpg

I then changed to the Develop Persona to do some InPainting and duplicated the layer. After that was done I returned to the Photo Personal and the location information was gone. That is, the map no longer displayed the proper gps information:

WithoutGPS.thumb.jpg.cf628682c7c73b7ade6b403924a20d1d.jpg

5 minutes ago, MikeFromMesa said:

I then changed to the Develop Persona to do some InPainting and duplicated the layer. After that was done I returned to the Photo Personal and the location information was gone. That is, the map no longer displayed the proper gps information:

Something seems a bit wrong with your description. Just to be clear, did you perhaps mean:

I then changed to the Develop Photo Persona to do some InPainting and duplicated the layer. After that was done I returned to the Photo Develop Persona and the location information was gone.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

20 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Something seems a bit wrong with your description. Just to be clear, did you perhaps mean:

It is interesting that you posted this question since I have been trying to determine for myself the exact same thing. The problem seems to be that there is no visual indication of what Persona the current editing state is in. The only way I have been able to determine what my current Persona is seems to be to click on the Affinity Photo command and look to see what Persona is missing from the "change to" list, and that does not always work.

I am suffering a bit from not having used AP for perhaps 6 months, so some things are no longer as clear to me as they used to be. I need to re-do the sequence to see if you are right about the Persona, but first need to find out exactly how to determine what Persona I am currently in.

34 minutes ago, MikeFromMesa said:

The problem seems to be that there is no visual indication of what Persona the current editing state is in.

There is actually a visual indication, Mike, but it isn’t very clear! The screenshots in your OP both show the Develop Persona icon on a black background, instead of dark grey like the others.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

30 minutes ago, Alfred said:

There is actually a visual indication, Mike, but it isn’t very clear! The screenshots in your OP both show the Develop Persona icon on a black background, instead of dark grey like the others.

Yes. I think I see that now. I was looking for something unambiguous, like the words "Photo Persona" written somewhere on the display clearly enough for even me to not miss it, but I think I do see the graphic indication you are referring to.

Thank you.

The key is the background color that indicates which is selected, and the icon color. The Persona that is active has a full-color icon; the others are monochrome or at least more muted in tone.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:43 PM, MikeFromMesa said:

The problem seems to be that there is no visual indication of what Persona the current editing state is in.

Unless the MAC version is very different from Windows, the easiest way to tell which Persona you are in, is by the tools and tabs that are available. ;)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.