You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adobe Acrobat included in Affinity Software?

I consider switching from Adobe CC to Affinity because of the purchasing model. 

Yet, what I am concerned about is this: 

Affinity probably does not come with Adobe Acrobat (full version), does it? 

So, if I want to use Acrobat (not just Reader, which is free) to be able to change documents in PDF etc. – I will have to buy Adobe Software anyway, right? So I would have almost no advantage. 

Does anyone know how it is? 

What are your experiences or how do you Affinity users work who need Acrobat or the possibility to make changes to PDF documents? 

Thanks for answering! 

Thomas 

50 minutes ago, Thomas M. Braun said:

What are your experiences or how do you Affinity users work who need Acrobat or the possibility to make changes to PDF documents?

You can’t make changes directly via the Affinity apps. All you can do is import the content of the PDF document, edit the resultant Affinity document and then export to PDF format.

Since the Affinity apps don’t currently interpret embedded fonts in PDF files, your options are limited if you don’t have your own copies of any fonts used.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 year later...
On 5/17/2019 at 4:37 PM, Mark Ingram said:

No, Affinity software doesn't come with any Adobe software (we're two different companies). However, you should check out our Publisher application, which is designed for this purpose:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/publisher/

I meanwhile use the complete Affinity suite. However, I am really disappointed. The inability to change PDF documents if you don't have the fonts installed is a big minus compared to CS. 
Is there any plan to solve this with an update anytime soon? I'll have to switch back to Adobe otherwise. 

On 5/17/2019 at 5:01 PM, Alfred said:

You can’t make changes directly via the Affinity apps. All you can do is import the content of the PDF document, edit the resultant Affinity document and then export to PDF format.

Since the Affinity apps don’t currently interpret embedded fonts in PDF files, your options are limited if you don’t have your own copies of any fonts used.

Thanks, I understand. I'm meanwhile using the Affinity products, but I'm disappointed about this (and some other vital functions that are missing). 
It looks like Affinity does not react well to its users demands. What's your experience so far? 

2 minutes ago, Thomas M. Braun said:

It looks like Affinity does not react well to its users demands. What's your experience so far?

My personal needs are fairly modest, but I think the consensus is that although there have been a number of useful new features and improvements in some areas there are also some annoying bugs and shortcomings that have persisted for several years.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

My personal needs are fairly modest, but I think the consensus is that although there have been a number of useful new features and improvements in some areas there are also some annoying bugs and shortcomings that have persisted for several years.

Thanks Alfred for taking time to reply. 
Well, that's what I feared, and it's my own impression too. 

I am not even a graphic designer and my needs are fairly modest too, in most cases. But the problem is, IF you have a special problem and there simply is not a solution, it's very annoying. 

Don't know why they don't go all the way and add such vital functions to satisfy their users. 

As I just wrote in another post here, it's the same with AP and AP, where some vital functions are missing. 
For example in AP, you can't even create a path from a selection, an absolute basic function in Photoshop and other (professional) photo editing software. 
If you need this and don't have it, you have to use time-consuming workarounds that makes it all very unproductive and inefficient. 
In other cases, you can't even find a workaround – it's simply not possible, which is even more annoying. 

I can only hope that the folks from Affinity respond to this in a timely manner and communicate to their users what they're gonna do about this, otherwise I'll surely switch back to Adobe CS. 

Again, thanks for sharing your point of view. 

Thomas