You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hello, hope somebody can help... i did a design and grouped all layers, when i tried to resize the design, the design don't resize as it supposed to be. some effects or changes are not resizing at all... for example, the text are not resizing at all...please see pics attached to explain the problem.. how can i make them resize without altering the whole design?

post-7251-0-12643000-1430759161_thumb.png

post-7251-0-00639400-1430759150_thumb.png

You need to convert the text to curves:

Layer>Convert To Curves

But if you convert  the text to curves, its not editable anymore.

Personally when I made a project with text I duplicate it, one file is with the text editable  (for changes and possible corrections) and one is all vector (good for scaling, sending to others or for external printing).

• Staff

Some objects must be set to scale with the object, otherwise they will keep their original dimensions (like strokes for example). In the case of your example you also seem to have used a Frame text. To make it scale with the rest of the elements you have to select all the objects and then use the control that's on the lower right of the bounding box (the lowest) to make the text scale with the object (otherwise it will just reflow the text inside the text container).

Can you post the file, so i can check what else may need adjustments?

how come whenever i resize the whole design... it seems to destroy the image... the details are gone, strokes will stay the same as the original size so when you try to resize the image to smaller dimensions some of the design won't change..

am i doing something wrong... this thing don't happen on illustrator..

• Staff

Hi M4RCK3

Thanks for the file.

Here's what you have to do:

- select the White background group in the Layers panel (parent layer), then on context toolbar click on the width drop down and check Scale with object. This will set all all strokes to scale with the object.

- select ALL the layers (and sublayers) that have an FX applied one at a time, click once on the FX icon on them, and check Scale with object on the bottom left of the dialog for each one. Currently there's no way to set this for all at once.

After those changes it should scale correctly. If not it's probably because you still have one of the FX's with Scale with object unchecked. Sorry for the trouble. Let me know if you still have problems.

Maybe we should have Scale with object checked by default for all objects. It's what users expect most of the time.