Matt Hall

Suggestion: Search and replace in specific location

Thank you very pretty powerful search/replace feature, changing from paragraph break to line break is pretty easy.

Can we add an option to limit the search to given element, instead of the whole document? I'm thinking of options:

* Selection

* Text element

* Page

* Whole document

I second this request. The Find/Replace feature as it is now is a good start, especially with regex. The ability to limit scope, and, I might add, save frequent searches, are two improvements that I would like to see as the software matures.

Agree +1

Though it has been requested already – It still is quite disturbing if one wants to replace just a few, particular occurences of the found results. That can be both time consuming and risky if in the list an unwanted result gets replaced.

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"

9 hours ago, fde101 said:

story (series of linked frames)

I hope that would already become covered by the option "Text Frame" (possibly named "text elements" in the topic). In case you rather want to search within one frame only of a linked series the option "Selection" would work.

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"

+1 from me!

Just doing my first project with Affinity Publisher and it's great, generally. Coming from InDesign, I'm amazed that Afinity Publisher search/replace has all these cool things like regex search etc., but something so basic as limiting your search to the text / table / text frame selected is missing.