You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Latest beta 1.7.0.124 still crashing when changing personas

I downloaded and installed Affinity Photo 1.7.0.124 and checked to see if this version fixed the issue with AP crashing when changing from the Photo to the Develop personal. That problem was fixed, but when the user switches Photo -> Develop, then Develop -> Photo, then Photo -> Develop and again Develop -> Photo AP crashes. It does not matter if any changes were made or not. I have tried this now 3 times and have gotten 3 crashes. For me it made no difference if I made changes or not.

I was getting other glitchy behavior such as losing the ability to pinch and zoom on a MacBook Pro. But I think that the issue is with Metal. I unchecked the Metal Compute button and restarted the app, and I don't get these crashes as described above either. Try without Metal and see if that still happens.

It is in Preferences Performance panel. @MikeFromMesa I didn't notice this report and filed my own...

I didn't notice any difference between Metal on or off.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

> It is in Preferences Performance panel

Thanks. I will give it a try.

UPDATE:

Well, I would give it a try if I could find it. I do not find a Performance panel in Preferences on my MBP. Could you be a bit more specific as to its location? There are 33 sub-panels on my system, including some add-ons like NTFS For Mac, but nothing marked Performance and nothing that looks like it should contain a Performance panel. Since the MBP does not have any option for replacing the graphics card could it be that it is just not there on my machine?

23 minutes ago, MikeFromMesa said:

Could you be a bit more specific as to its location?

With Affinity Photo Beta in the foreground, select Preferences from the Affinity Photo Beta menu.

40 minutes ago, MikeFromMesa said:

> It is in Preferences Performance panel

Thanks. I will give it a try.

UPDATE:

Well, I would give it a try if I could find it. I do not find a Performance panel in Preferences on my MBP. Could you be a bit more specific as to its location? There are 33 sub-panels on my system, including some add-ons like NTFS For Mac, but nothing marked Performance and nothing that looks like it should contain a Performance panel. Since the MBP does not have any option for replacing the graphics card could it be that it is just not there on my machine?

Sorry, I should have said in Photo as @fde101 has pointed out.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

With Affinity Photo Beta in the foreground, select Preferences from the Affinity Photo Beta menu.

Ah. Well, that explains my problem. I was looking in the MacBook Pro Preferences thinking it was a system setting. I found it in the APB Preferences and turned it off, but it did not make any difference. I still saw the same crash.

Turned it back on again. 

• Staff
15 hours ago, MikeFromMesa said:

I downloaded and installed Affinity Photo 1.7.0.124 and checked to see if this version fixed the issue with AP crashing when changing from the Photo to the Develop personal. That problem was fixed, but when the user switches Photo -> Develop, then Develop -> Photo, then Photo -> Develop and again Develop -> Photo AP crashes. It does not matter if any changes were made or not. I have tried this now 3 times and have gotten 3 crashes. For me it made no difference if I made changes or not.

I logged the issue Old Bruce linked to but I've included your recipe as well. Thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.