You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You do not actually say, but I would guess that you have the same image that appears differently in Photo 1.6 and 1.7. Have you set the same colour profile in each? Which would you say is the 'correct' colour? It looks like a Meerkat to me, in which case I would say the 1.7 pic looks more accurate.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hello my friends,
The official version of Affinity Photo has a nice red print.
In the beta version, the colors are right.
With all other programs I use the colors look like in the beta.
Under Settings Color the settings are identical.
What could be the reason?
Does anyone have a solution?
Best regards
Peter

Hello John, yes, it's exactly the same picture, on a calibrated monitor. In the beta, the image is displayed correctly. Have now the 1.6. Uninstalled the version, deleted all associated files, including the hidden ones under AppData, and reinstalled the program. Unfortunately, the error still exists. Maybe I have not caught all the program files. Sorry for my english, Translated by google ..
Best regards
Peter

• Staff

Hi Looser,

Welcome to the forums :)

If possible could you provide the file shown in your screenshots so I can see if I get the same behaviour?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

JPG Forensics,  CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85  (see also this for testing). - That JPG looks also in OS X Preview more redish (similar to APh 1.6.7), in GC it looks instead more natural.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Interestingly when the above saved JPG image is opened here in APh, that didn't told/indicates that it assignes a sRGB profile to it (aka that there is no profile, it shows as default sRGB for that one). I have to look into tools like GC in order to see that there is no associated or embedded profile in that image.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hello friends, Thanks for the example pictures. But that's exactly where the problem lies. Why is one and the same picture displayed differently for me? The settings are apparently the same in color in the 1.6 and the beta. I noticed that when I open the image in the beta, for a brief moment the image has the red stitch, then the colors are displayed correctly at the push of a button. I suspect that any color profile is loaded. Why is not it then loaded in version 1.6? Where can I still search in the settings?

Looks like it's having the "Display" ICC Profile applied to it for some reason.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Have you compared the colour settings in each program to see if they are identical?

colour4.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Was this image converted in APhoto's Develop Persona from a raw image or was it a JPG image straight from the camera?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

That was a picture of CaptureOne. From my point of view it does not matter where the picture comes from, if it had a color error it would have to be displayed as "false" by both versions 1.6 and 1.7 Beta.

Could Auto White balance / Auto levels be triggered upon loading the image?

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my friends, the problem is solved. I have 2 screens, screen 1 is the main screen. I use screen 2 for image editing. Affinity 1.6 uses the color profile from the main screen, although it runs on screen 2. The solution was simple. Define the screen 2 in the system settings, Windows 10, as the main display and the problem is solved. Many thanks to all ... Peter