AT.HA

Font with a special "A"?

Hi,

can someone help me remember that sans serif font with an "A" inclined. One side is vertical. The kind of type that is used in the British band's logo The Verve.
I thought it would be AvantGarde or Univers but I can not find that "A" or else I do not have complete font families. Thank you for your help.

31 minutes ago, AT.HA said:

I thought it would be AvantGarde or Univers but I can not find that "A" or else I do not have complete font families.

From the Wikipedia article about ITC Avant Garde:

200px-AvantGarde_logo.svg.png

Stylistic Alternates sample:

A99A4781-E898-45B8-BBC3-0064D1944246.thumb.png.1534378c23b661203d021c11d43293a9.png

Edited by Alfred
Added ‘Stylistic Alternates’ sample

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

Memory is a funny thing ,-)

Thank you Alfred. AvantGarde it is!

Do you own the font? That feature is under the stylistic alternates. I think I do not own it. Must buy.

Regards.

18 minutes ago, AT.HA said:

Do you own the font?

No, I don’t. I have to confess that I ‘borrowed’ a sample image from MyFonts.com! :$

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

15 minutes ago, AT.HA said:

No problem.

The goal was to identify the font.

Very 70s ,-) Reminds me of Kubrick too (memory is playing again).

Kubrick used Futura, but since Avant Gard is also a Geometric Sans Serif, that owes a lot to Futura, I see how you can mix them.

By the way, I own it and it works well:

image.thumb.png.9dfe28f14770cf5cf5cff3d304633eb7.png

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

25 minutes ago, AT.HA said:

Thanks Mithferion.

Where did you bought your Avant Garde and which package to include the Stylistic Alternates?

I bought it on MyFonts, there was an offer a year ago or so, and went for it.

The family has two widths: Regular and Condensed, and in the Regular width you'll find the Standard and the Pro edition. Both of the Regular width Packs have the Stylistic Alternates and both cost the same, so you can take a look here in the Pro Pack and try all of the features it has.

image.png.08bd9fe06e1691bfda2a8ab12c63a851.png

Best regards!

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

Sorry, I linked to the Std Pack. It has been corrected.

Best regards!