Alex_dlc

How can I reset the UI/toolbars to their default positions/sizes?

I've moved the toolbars around all over the place, and I would like to get them back to how they were by default.

iMac 27" · 3.4Ghz Intel Core i7 · 32GB · NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB · 3TB Fusion Drive · OSX 10.11.5

Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Medium

Hi Alex_dlc

Go to menu View ▹ Studio ▹ Reset Studio.

Thanks! ;)

iMac 27" · 3.4Ghz Intel Core i7 · 32GB · NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB · 3TB Fusion Drive · OSX 10.11.5

Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Medium

Hi Alex_dlc

Go to menu View ▹ Studio ▹ Reset Studio.

Have you changed to Separated Mode? If yes, then go to menu Window and uncheck Separated Mode.

how does one toggle the display of the toolbar to adjust the size and hardness of brushes?  

If you mean the second toolbar that changes depending on which tool is selected, that is called the Context Toolbar. Near the bottom of the View Menu is an item "Show Context Toolbar," which should be checked for it to show in the UI.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

If you mean the second toolbar that changes depending on which tool is selected, that is called the Context Toolbar. Near the bottom of the View Menu is an item "Show Context Toolbar," which should be checked for it to show in the UI.

THAAAANKS!! :D

Similar issue, hoping to not have to reset my entire workspace every time something accidentally moves -  as it becomes a bit cumbersome.
I accidentally somehow separated the 'tools' menu, and it doesn't seem to have any way to clip or join it back to the main window. (screenshot attached) Moving it around doesn't seem to highlight region of the application frame, and I've tried releasing it randomly to no avail.

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 11.09.42.png

Try...

View > Dock Tools

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.