You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving SVG text to import into another program does't work

I'm working in Affinity Design for iPad and I'm trying to create an SVG text on a curve to import into another program where I'm creating a coin.  The reason I'm doing it as an SVG is I can then take the letters and "extrude" or give them thickness on the coin for 3d printing.  The text has to be curved like it would appear on the edge of a coin.  I've created the text in Affinity the way I want it having it follow the edge of a circular path and I've tried exporting it as an SVG in just about every configuration I can think of but when I import it into the other program as an SVG, the other program is Fusion 360, the text is no longer aligned on the path.  The letters follow the circular path but they are not aligned with one another, they are all screwed with each other.  I've attached two photos showing how it looks in Affinity and how it looks after importing it into Fusion.  The one with the pink text is after importing into Fusion.  It is a direct import with no resizing or anything.  Any help with this is much appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_0486.PNG

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 2.25.38 AM.png

That might possibly be related to that Fusion 360 or the way the SVG code is interpreted. - How does it behave with plain manual coded SVG for curved text?

See and try some plain SVG examples for comparison then:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2