BHP

Export Size

Not sure what to call this problem so I will explain it the best I can. I had a size problem with Affinity Designer 1.6:

I recently created a magazine ad, they wanted it XXmm x XXmm, these setting came out to be something like 2050.5 pixels long by 1090.5 pixels tall. So I created the document with mm not pixels.

When I exported the document to TIFF and PDF I only have the option to export in PIXELS and affinity designer doesn't allow .5 on the end of the pixels. So the artwork got cropped and I got an email back from the magazine about the size not being correct.

I swore up and down the size was right. It took me a while to figure this out.

QUESTION IS: how do you build a specific size in mm and export the size if it falls anywhere with pixels (2000.5)  (2000.25) (2000.75)????

Hope this makes sense

Keep up the good work!

Brett

Integers only. Less than one equals zero. We cannot have a fractional pixel. 'Tis binary, exists as 1 (one) or it doesn't exist.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.330 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.125 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.12

Thanks Old Bruce,

I guess I'm not sure why we can't export in mm, cm, in etc for print?

So my work around is just that, I just round up to the next pixel.

I just have never paid attention to this in the past.

Brett

On 5/15/2019 at 6:23 PM, BHP said:

I guess I'm not sure why we can't export in mm, cm, in etc for print?

Try using an Artboard. An Artboard will be exported to PDF at its real size instead of being rounded up to the nearest pixel if you choose the Artboard instead of "Whole document" in the export options for PDF.

TIFF is a raster format so it will always be an integer number of pixels wide and tall.

THank you, that makes sense. I will try

6 hours ago, >|< said:

Try using an Artboard. An Artboard will be exported to PDF at its real size instead of being rounded up to the nearest pixel if you choose the Artboard instead of "Whole document" in the export options for PDF.

Thank you!

I will try that. I don't usually use the artboards so I guess I need to start using those more. Coming from Photoshop I have some bad habits, but I do everything now in Affinity Designer except edit photos.

Brett