You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copywriting program to integrate with publisher, like Adobe InCopy

1 hour ago, Shorono said:

When you are working on larger magazine projects it is essential that you have some sort of copywriting program that streamlines the movement of text from the writers to the designer.

My preference is that they use plain text files. Put them in folders/directories with the article's name on the folder and I can sort by date, revision or title etc.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Apple's Pages is a robust app and able to import and export MS Word .doc files, and it's free and has web app as well, including markup and collaboration ability... seems like a no brainer to plug in to Pages...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 4 months later...

I have another use case for this feature and a reason I'd like to request it. I've been using InDesign as a kind of complex typesetting engine that allows me to do layouting with a GUI, while I manage my text (for manuscripts, etc.) as plain-text and with version tracking (git). This has been working great for me, since InCopy is a plain-text format and I can use git to track changes, merge old versions back into the current one, etc. Would be great to have external linked text documents (rtf, markdown, plain-text, even doc) for Affinity Publisher!

• 1 year later...

Old post but +1 for the Use Case from bsun above. I use Indesign to automatically layout chapters of a thesis. All wopywriting is done in Markdown (ulysses) and I have a automated batch process to convert .md files to .incopy. I can then open indesign and automatically update the file. Indesign should be used for Layout NOT copywriting.

• 5 months later...

It would be great if Publisher could import and export Markdown files. They are simple text files, with a very simple formatting syntax, that can be imported and exported by many text editors, or just written directly, due to its clarity and simplicity.

Paolo