You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First page not looking right

Hey there!
I'm working on a book using affinity publisher and when I export I get a white line on the side of my first page.
All other pages look fine but not this one. Not sure if this is a bug or if it is a setting I've missed. I've poked around, reapplied my master (which I use for everything) and it still doesn't look right. 

Thoughts?
image.thumb.png.bfa4dacd6ce54affc1eb21fe0b49f2ae.png

It DOES show up when I set to export as PDF with bleed turned on. I just don't see it on any other page, only the first, which is why I was wondering if there is a fix or a setting for this

I'll have to cut out everything but the first two pages because its all info that will be going into a book for sale but I can do that yep!
Should I just attach my .afpub file of the project?

Can't open the .apub -> Warning appears: The file appears to be truncated (shorter than expected). Problems during upload or what does this mean?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

You exported with bleed? Right? So you get the white space to the left on page 1 because the background does not cover the bleed on the left. From my point of view everything correct in Publisher. ;)

Correction: You are using facing Master Pages for a single page. I would also make a Master Page for single pages.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

So this is to be expected? When I send this to the printers it will be fine? What confuses me is that even if I extend the background on each side the that white doesnt go away. And it doesnt appear on the last page either. When I set the background to be bigger than the bleed area (or the entire canvas) it still shows up but only on that first page.

Have a look at the attached file. I am not sure if this expecting behaviour when applying a facing master page to a single page.

------

Sorry, I am running out of options here. Maybe you try the way I told you. Or perhaps someone else has a better advice?

------

So, Master page for a single page might be my only option. In this case I'd need a master page for my first page if it is by itself and if the last page is a single page as well I'll need the same.
Shame the master page I DO have gets cut weird, because I spent a LOT of time setting up guides on it :P

• Staff

A single facing page master page is a good suggestion to solve this, or you can Right Click on the Master Page in the layers tab, "Edit Detached" and move the background to cover the bleed (this will just mean the first page has a detached master and saves creating a new master page).

I do think this the fact the facing master is not fully covering the bleed on the single page is a bug however and will look into this further.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks for the feedback Jon! I agree that it doesnt seem like a normal thing and could be a bug so I'm glad you guys are going to look into it.
Its literally the first thing, other than a crash that I couldnt reproduce that I've seen in the beta that I would qualify as a bug. You guys are building a SOLID product here.

I've got a way forward either way!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.