Is there a way to fill an object with a pattern, also a simple one ( lines), with the possibility of changing angle and scale and that fill all object without duplicating?

Hi Angelos58,

We don't have any prebuilt in patterns you can apply to shape.  But if you have an image of the pattern fill you'd like to use, you can use the Fill Tool and change the mode to Bitmap and select the image, which will then be used to fill the shape and you have rotation options and scale.

Thank you stokerg for answer. Yes I know the Bitmap option, but with this option active only a part of object is filled. Why?

3 minutes ago, Angelos58 said:

Yes I know the Bitmap option, but with this option active only a part of object is filled. Why?

When i apply a bitmap fill to a shape, i do need to scale it to fit the shape correctly by dragging the handles.  If you aren't able to get the shape filled, i'll need an afdesign file showing the issue and i'll see what else it could be

1 hour ago, stokerg said:

When i apply a bitmap fill to a shape, i do need to scale it to fit the shape correctly by dragging the handles.  If you aren't able to get the shape filled, i'll need an afdesign file showing the issue and i'll see what else it could be

Thanks again, but I know how to transforming the bitmap used for filling.

But ... in all programs of graphics the pattern fill automatics fill the shape and without changing the original scale and rotation. And ... if I want to, I can changing them.

3 hours ago, Angelos58 said:

Yes I know the Bitmap option, but with this option active only a part of object is filled.

I can’t reproduce this. When I use the Bitmap option to fill a large shape, the bitmap is tiled to fill the shape: I don’t see an option to turn off the tiling.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

I can’t reproduce this. When I use the Bitmap option to fill a large shape, the bitmap is tiled to fill the shape: I don’t see an option to turn off the tiling.

so, is it only a mine problem?

1 minute ago, Angelos58 said:

so, is it only a mine problem?

I don’t know. Can you attach a file that demonstrates the issue?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Where is the bitmap option to fill? I use the bitmap option in gradient. Maybe i’m Wrong.

4 minutes ago, Angelos58 said:

Where is the bitmap option to fill? I use the bitmap option in gradient.

That’s the one I used. It’s the only one I know!

Alfred online2long.gif

36 minutes ago, Angelos58 said:

Thank you very much Alfred, now it works.

But, how do I have to draw my pattern for a good continuity?

E9BA31D4-7E2A-450F-94F8-5EBA6A49FD9E.jpeg

Lots of YouTube videos on pattern repeat strategies

Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on MACOS Catalina Beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13 beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 on Windows 10

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

Is there certainly a logic in multiplying the bitmap. So if we could know it, maybe would be more easy drawing a bitmap for filling.

Hi, Angelos58,

It appears the problem above is caused by the diagonal lines being slightly offset from the square they fill. See attached:

NotAtCorner.jpg.6017355cde0d9d0e4dda1b30bddc0667.jpg

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

54 minutes ago, Angelos58 said:

Is there certainly a logic in multiplying the bitmap. So if we could know it, maybe would be more easy drawing a bitmap for filling.

As gdenby points out and the you tube video points out it’s all about alignment and positioning to ensure accurate repeat.

Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on MACOS Catalina Beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13 beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 on Windows 10

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/