I ran into an issue with a booklet project (RGB) I was trying to turn into a PDF (CMYK). When I export the project as spreads or pages and choose a CMYK color profile, everything seems to work as expected. But when trying to "print" to PDF using the booklet formatting, the CMYK profile I selected doesn't seem to be taking effect -- the resulting PDF seems to still be RGB.

I love that Publisher has the built in booklet formatting option, it was always buggy with InDesign. But perhaps it would make sense to include it in the export options? Anyway, any idea what might be going on with the color profile conversion not working with booklet formatting?

7 minutes ago, Nathan Shirley said:

But when trying to "print" to PDF using the booklet formatting, the CMYK profile I selected doesn't seem to be taking effect -- the resulting PDF seems to still be RGB.

Could you post the Publisher file? So others could have a look as well. If doing so, what are your book formatting options, which "PDF printer" do you use, what is your colour profile?

Ah, I suppose the issue could be in the PDF printer -- I used "Microsoft print to PDF" (running Windows 10 here). Maybe it's junk? I hadn't used it before. I doubt the content of the project is part of the issue here, just a simple 4 page project with color JPEGs and black text written in Publisher (Document Setup set to RGB). In the print settings I'm choosing "U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2" as the profile.

Anyway if this problem is due to the PDF printer, it would be nice if Publisher could simply export a PDF in booklet format, rather than having to "print" it. That would avoid relying on a seperate program to do this.

6 hours ago, Nathan Shirley said:

it would be nice if Publisher could simply export a PDF in booklet format, rather than having to "print" it.

I agree. There are workarounds, so this feature may not be a dealbreaker, but it would be nice to have later on the roadmap. I would use it very often. Based on my current work, well over 50% of my documents would use this feature.

Yes, as garrettm30 mentioned there are workarounds, but it would be very nice (and logical) to avoid having to use Adobe or another non-Serif program for this. Plus, Acrobat is a mess.