skyking

EPS Importing issues for PrePress

Designer, Photo and even Publisher Beta has issues with importing prepress or print targets. When Importing the app will just freeze at the importing window or if the EPS is imported it is incorrect, missing elements or converts colors such as 100% black to 400% black. If all three programs are going to work in the printing industry these targets must work! I have attached a sample EPS target.

Something with the core programs must have a problem interpreting the EPS files. I'd be interesting in Serifs thoughts.

Jim K

VS1P07U.EPS

47 minutes ago, skyking said:

If all three programs are going to work in the printing industry these targets must work!

I've worked both in print and pre-press since 1989. I've never seen such a thing used.

As regards any "conversion" to 100% of all process color (i.e., Registration black), that is what this eps is made of. As regards missing elements, well, on the release version of AD the file is basically blank with a single rectangle. I don't have any of the betas re-installed yet. If that eps imports into any of the betas, until such time as monochrome bitmaps are supported, those at least would be stripped out.

That said, yes, EPS import needs to work  better with such EPS files as well as "newer" versions of EPS.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks for your reply. PrePress? Me? As a student at RIT in the 60’s my first part time job was setting Linotype 3 days a week!! I use a lot of targets for press and paper testing as well digital equipment testing. Not the norm I would agree but many others in the printing do for the same reason. I always want a good competitor to Adobe and hope for Affinity to be that. 

Thanks again for your reply and agree, I think Serif needs to address this issue.

Jim

Gabe,

Great and thanks. I do hope the developers can figure out the issue. I have it with all three products (Photo, Designer and Publisher Beta).

Thanks again,

Jim