You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V. 1.7.0.312 Crashing when trying to print.

Hi. I have just launched v.1.7.0.312 for the first time so that I can print a document created in the previous version. The document is 412.3MB and 23 pages long. 

When I try to sent it to print to my Epson, Publisher crashes. I have tried repeated occasions with no success!

I have created a new file and have managed to print it without any problems.

I would be grateful for any advice please.

Thanks

Richard

Thanks Jon. I been out for a couple of hours but have just returned and tried to print the file again. Low and behold, this time the print window dialogue box showed the pages loading all the way to the end and then the programme crashed. I just reopened the file, selected 'print' and the programme crashed straight away. As mentioned earlier, a newly created file prints okay and so perhaps it's just this file?

Many thanks,

Richard

I'm a new beta-tester on build 326. iMac running OSX 10.9.5 and having crashes when trying to print. Crashes about 90% of the time when trying to print to my Canon inkjet and/or HP laserwriter. Print dialog shows up as a blank window. The blank print dialog seems to work despite being blank because if I hit return it prints all pages and then crashes. It creates a recovery file which I can open. I can export to PDF and print that with no problems.

I've only used Publisher for a day, so it may be me doing something dumb. Testing document is only 8 pages with some images.

• Staff

Hi Steve/Richard,

I've been investigating this, and I've reproduced the behaviour Richard has described, but on 10.9, I found i had to click through the pages in the print dialog, and the app eventually crashed, then was crashing when I went to File > Print afterwards, as you describe.

I've only reproduced the crash a couple of times on 10.11, by clicking through the pages in the print panel quite quickly, and towards the end page it will crash, but won't then crash when i next go File > Print.

Interestingly enough I had no issues on 10.10.

Either way, there's enough reproduced here for the developers to look into so I will get it logged with them.

Thanks 

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Jon P...Thanks for your response. It must be a nightmare trying to support all the versions of operating systems as well as all the requests for importing from dozens of other apps, also on various systems. So far, I've been very impressed over the progress and looking forward to migrating my work over to Publisher in the future.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.