You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I'm fairly new to Affinity Designer Beta and I'm having issues with RGB codes (running it on a Macbook).

When I try to retrieve an RGB hex code from the color tab ("RGB Hex sliders") the code shown is incorrect. The code is accurate in Affinity Designer when I copy and paste the same vector shape onto a document there, however. (see attached images). I've checked for updates and my Beta is 1.7.0, which says that there are no updates I haven't done.

Wondering if anyone had a similar problem and if they were able to solve it? Thanks!

affinity designer beta.png

affinity designer.png

Are both documents in the same colour format? RGB 8 bit or both in CMYK 8 bit etc.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I am running the beta 1.7.0.11 on Mac OS 10.14.4

Pasting from the beta to the retail version (1.6.1) gives me the same colour and vice versa gives me the same colour. I set up a pair of documents like you have in your screen shots. Don't understand this. Do you have any clipboard utilities running? I don't, I also don't have any other graphics software running, just the two Affinity Designer programs and some non graphic stuff like Safari.

2 hours ago, galactichippo said:

I thought that might be it but I've checked everything I can think of and everything is consistent across both.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:32 AM, Old Bruce said:

I am running the beta 1.7.0.11 on Mac OS 10.14.4

Pasting from the beta to the retail version (1.6.1) gives me the same colour and vice versa gives me the same colour. I set up a pair of documents like you have in your screen shots. Don't understand this. Do you have any clipboard utilities running? I don't, I also don't have any other graphics software running, just the two Affinity Designer programs and some non graphic stuff like Safari.

No clipboard utilities running — I tried quitting all other apps and programs. It's very odd as my retail version consistently gives me the correct hex code but the beta does not. Strange.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.