You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Look up "[word]" doesn't work past page 1 on multi-page docs

I've tried this on several docs both old and newly created in the most recent beta version (312). And here's what I did in the new docs:

1. create new document. 
  2. paste in some text in a text object.
  3. double-click on a word to highlight it.
  4. Right-click on the word and choose the "look up '[word]'" menu item (where [word] is the word that's highlighted.)
  5. IF you're on the first page of your document, then this will work. IF you're on the second (or later) page, this kitty won't purr

I don't know if this has anything to do with a second monitor (which I use and have the navigation and textural palettes on, btw). But I do think this is a urgent bug to attend to, as most documents will start off with a cover or something. I wouldn't have noticed this if it wasn't for the other look up bug report; as I usually write my prose in a word processor and then copy-paste the script into a text object. so it's already been proofread by the app (Pages) and the spousal unit (Janet) and nothing gets flagged once in Publisher.

Anyway, I don't see the need to attach files or anything like that, I copied the text from a plain old TXT file and rendered it in Publisher in Courier. 

Anything I can supply, just let me know and I'll try to provide 'em as soon as I am able.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• Staff

From what I've seen this seems to be more related to how much of the pasteboard is visible, it seems to work on other pages for me but I have to zoom out.

If any page is completely in view it doesn't seem to work.

I've logged this, thanks for reporting it.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

thanks Jon! 

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this has been addressed in the latest (#371) beta build. Please retest this behaviour.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just tested it out on the same pesky document and the lookup word works on the 4 interior pages I checked and on the title (first) page. So thanks so much, I'd consider this issue "solved"

I've used Pagemaker (back in the day) and a number of other Desktop publisher apps and Publisher is the best I've used. Affinity took the science of desktop publishing and put it into this app so all I have to worry about is the art of design. Thanks, again!

---

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.