You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer mask issue - suspected bug

In attached file, there is a pixel layer at the bottom. Above that sits a group with one layer, a pixel layer containing a gradient. This runs from a solid bluish color to a transparant (also bluish) color. So far no problem.

If I now add a new blank mask layer to the group, the colors suddenly and - to me - unexpectedly change.

If I do the same in 1.6, this behaviour does not happen. As long as the mask is blank, i.e., all white, it is not noticeable.

I suspect it may have to do with one of the sides of the gradient being transparant.

Attached:

1 - the file as created in 1.6

2 - the same file after import in 1.7 beta.

iMac running macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Affinity Photo 1.7 beta 1.7.0.122

mask-16.afphoto

mask-17beta.afphoto

4 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Jeroen,
Maybe I misunderstanding something but I'm not able to replicate this in the current Affinity Photo Customer Beta 1.7.0.123. Can you please update Affinity Photo and check again? There was a few changes here in the latest build. Thank you.

Neither can I! It must have disappeared just between 122 and 123. All is fine now. Thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.