You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page Numbers getting lost

19 hours ago, HansFM said:

Page numbers defined in the master layout are partially getting lost in books with mor than 50 pages.

Buch_S_60-63_Forum.pdf

I would need to see the layers panel for page 61 to help with the problem. Specifically the expanded view of the Master Page. 

This could be something on the Page (61) which is blocking the page number or the Master Page has been edited for that page and the page number has been deleted or rendered invisible by unchecking its view box.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Old Bruce

here is a print screen of the page 61 with the layer studio. Further testing by myself has the result, that the page number is blocked when a picture goes into a wrapped text in the other column of that page, this even if the master page level is on the top. Actually my work-around is to define a smaller textblock so that the text has not to be wrapped around the picture. Doing this the page number ist always visible.

Kind regards

Hans

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-24 um 22.41.03.png

1 hour ago, HansFM said:

here is a print screen of the page 61 with the layer studio. Further testing by myself has the result, that the page number is blocked when a picture goes into a wrapped text in the other column of that page, this even if the master page level is on the top. Actually my work-around is to define a smaller textblock so that the text has not to be wrapped around the picture. Doing this the page number ist always visible.

Kind regards

Hans

Do you have the Page Number in a Text Frame on the Master Page? If not do so. You can then set that Frame to Ignore Text Wrap.

That was some good detective work there.

150210732_ScreenShot2019-05-24at3_13_45PM.png.388e70a4743802475f8e1d28b1d4ba44.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.