39 minutes ago, R C-R said:

...DNG is a superior backup/archival format, in part because it is an open standard, & also because DNG files tend to be smaller than the original raw files while still retaining all the raw image data within the file itself.

3. Backing up DNG metadata changes

If you save edit changes to the DNG files, this will slow down the backup process because the backup software will have to copy a complete DNG file instead of just the XMP sidecar files that otherwise accompany proprietary raw images. Personally, I believe it is better to let the Lightroom catalog file store the metadata edits rather than constantly overwrite the files referenced by the catalog. If you are in the habit of saving metadata edits to the files themselves as well, this is an important consideration, but you need to ask yourself, “In an emergency situation, where I might need to restore all my metadata edits, which is going to be the most up-to-date? The metadata that’s stored in the files, or the metadata that’s stored in the Lightroom catalog?”

Proprietary raw files that have been edited in Camera Raw or Lightroom have the metadata information stored in a compact XMP sidecar file. DNG files though incorporate the metadata information into the file header.

That was the common situation initially with DNG, which is mostly addressed by most tools own XMP sidecar file handling today. - Though in practise for other peoples here ...

...DNG is all of what was mentioned in this article so long as you stay in Lightroom. Whenever you open a DNG on other RAW converters, the color profile, tones, and pretty much everything else will not be the same as if those RAW converters were reading from the original RAW proprietary files. If you don't believe me, convert a file to DNG and open it with Capture One, Apple Photos, or anything other than Lightroom and compare that to the original RAW proprietary.

... what is similar in behavior to what I've seen in the past for DNG files used and shared among different software. It works all well together in the Adobe software world (CameraRaw, LR, Bridge) since all those do use and share the same Adobe code base there, but not that much for other RAW converter software with DNG support. - Beside that it further doesn't help alone if something is an open standard, TIFF/SVG/E(PS) etc. are too, but as you can practically see, every software has it's own problems with interpreting and showing things correctly up for those formats then too.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that the DNG format exists, the ideas behind that are good. But without greater acceptance and broad support, this is just degraded to be another format and sadly nothing more.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Angel Quintero said:

I'm so sorry for my ignorance and for being so intense but when CR3 will come out in affinity in windows thanks for your answer R C-R:D

I think he already said probably with APh v1.8, which actually is in beta for Win.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Just now, Miguel Angel Quintero said:

sorry for all and thanks:D:D:D

No need for that, you're right we drifted away from the main topic theme (sorry).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

4 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Proprietary raw files that have been edited in Camera Raw or Lightroom have the metadata information stored in a compact XMP sidecar file. DNG files though incorporate the metadata information into the file header.

That was the common situation initially with DNG, which is mostly addressed by most tools own XMP sidecar file handling today.

Nothing prevents editing software that supports both DNG & XMP sidecar files from using sidecar files with files stored in the DNG format. One does not exclude the other. This also was mentioned in one of your links.

4 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that the DNG format exists, the ideas behind that are good. But without greater acceptance and broad support, this is just degraded to be another format and sadly nothing more.

Which is why I have mentioned (more than once now) that if more camera makers supported it as their native format for raw files, we all would be better off.

Affinity Photo 1.8.2, Affinity Designer 1.8.2, Affinity Publisher 1.8.2; macOS Mojave 10.14.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 
1.8.2.174 & Affinity Designer 1.8.2.4 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.3.1