You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Style Issues with importing DocX and RTF

I'm importing a .docx file that I generated from a Google Doc, and it doesn't map the body paragraphs to the Body text style, nor the lists to the relevant Bullet List / Numbered List styles that are included in Publisher. Same thing with the headings; it creates new heading styles and assigns the headings to those, instead of using what's already there.

Is there a way to make Google Doc or Word use styles that can be recognized, or alternatively is this something in the Affinity dev pipeline that I can expect to see in a future build? This is already leaps and bounds better than before, but if I have to re-update all the styles every time I load in a new draft that's going to seriously slow me down.

As an added note, after I updated the imported styles from the docx file, I then imported the same docx file again--and the newly imported text from the same file still didn't respect the styles I had updated.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.