You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows Emoji Picker - Emojis vanish after closing the Emoji picker

Emojis picked&pasted with the Windows Emoji Picker vanish after closing the picker.

To replicate;
create Artistic Text Tool
press windows + .
click on an Emoji of your choice
either press escape, the X button or in an empty area within the screen to get rid of the Windows Emoji Picker.

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | https://bansheebyte.artstation.com/store

Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

• Staff

Hey myclay,

They fail to appear correctly in other design apps too. I think they are primarily used for IM such as Skype/Slack etc. Some of the symbols should work but the emojis will not. I think this was logged a long time ago but nothing ever came of it. 

Hey Chris,
to clarify the post, the described issue is not about Fonts and their inability to show the proper symbols.
Fonts like the Segoe UI Emoji have like ~96% of Emojis covered.

The Issue I tried to explain is, Affinity Products erases Emojis which where pasted in with the Windows Emoji Picker.
This Error is not happening when the same Emojis are pasted in from the Web or from the Glyph Browser.

Edit; Affinity Photo is with the usage of the Windows emoji picker only keeping symbols which are present in Arial and also erases the format of the symbols, which leads to a different size.

1520984823_emoji_affinityPhotoformatissue.jpg.2888205312bdc281bd5e000c2ed44b59.jpg

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | https://bansheebyte.artstation.com/store

Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.