You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why is the resolution changing when exporting slices?

That just doesn't make any sense. Only the size should change when doing that operation. Or there should at least be an option to keep the same resolution across all variants. Also the app is crashing everytime I click on exported DPI or user scale.

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 11.00.24.jpg

• Staff

Hi stf :)

Could you please confirm the DPI of your document? I've tried to replicate your crashing in a sample document and I've been unable to replicate this so far. Does the app crash when you select either box, regardless of the slice - or is it slice specific?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

I think it was originally 72dpi. I tried with other images (jpg, png both 8 and 32 bits) with the same result. The crash happens in both boxes, regardless of the slice. Here's a video: 

• Staff

Thanks for confirming, and for the video. I believe the exported sizes changing are due to the DPI of the document, if you set your document to 300DPI, then run the exporter, do the values remain the same?

If so, please revert your document back to 72DPI, return to the export Persona and untick Embed Metadata. Does this still change your output size upon export?

Could you please check for any related crash logs and attach them here? This should allow us to investigate your crashing further!
You can find your crash logs by opening Applications > Utilities > Console :) 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Also my initially comment was about the default behaviour - when exporting, the size of the image AND dpi are changed, and that's what I thought was wrong. On Android I'm used to change the size of exported images, not the pixel density. The official documentation only mentions sizes in pixels so I assume only the size should change by default: https://developer.android.com/training/multiscreen/screendensities (and I believe this is the same on iOS)