You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Global Texts: Change content, maintaining style

Hello, after reading this unsolved topic, i need to know the way to solve it:

My layout is a Book Cover... the Book's Title and Book's Author are shown in Cover and Spine simultaneosuly...

Could I write the title of the book on the cover and also change automatically on the spine in a different font size?

Thanks!

Edited by ramonbuzon

This isn't doable as far as I can see.

The text would need to be a symbol and you would need 2 instances of that symbol, those symbol instances would then need different text styles applied as an outside effect to each symbol instance much like you would apply an LayersTabFxIcon_lightui.png.8791772d5d9205430cd6b09480514e21.png to a layer or group unfortunately when you apply an LayersTabFxIcon_lightui.png.8791772d5d9205430cd6b09480514e21.png to a symbol it will be reflected in all instances, its the nature of symbols. If, however, you put the symbol in a group, you can apply an LayersTabFxIcon_lightui.png.8791772d5d9205430cd6b09480514e21.png to that group with the symbol in it and not affect the other symbols, Food for thought when making a request for this idea.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-13-at-12-07-21.png

I would certainly put this forward as a feature request: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/52-feature-requests-feedback/

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions