You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can no longer import .afphoto images

Hi Updated to Photo beta 1.7.0.123 this morning and anything created in this can no longer be imported/placed into Publisher, it appears broken. I can recreate with a fresh Photo doc and fresh Publisher doc - clicking the image icon in the toolbar and importing an image no longer works.

Also, using the 'Replace Image' and selecting a .afphoto results in an error message as below:

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 10.44.46.png

Using 'cloud' drives as well as some flavours of networked drives causes problems. Could you save the files to your local hard drive and see if they can be placed then.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi @ConnectCreative,

I am getting it silently failing but no error message, which might be a separate issue. I can however reproduce it not importing from the newest beta.

I've logged it, although this may just be a case of the apps being slightly "out of sync".

Thanks for reporting it

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I've tried with another drive (my main drive is indeed constantly backing up via cloud) but the problem persists.

I've also just spotted that the issue also happens when trying to place into Affinity Designer beta too, so assume something has changed in the latest AP beta.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.