Hello everybody,

maybe you can help me ... I tritt to export some text out of affinity publisher with an transparent background (1.jpeg), but the only thing I get as export result is something much bader (2.jpeg)

I tried it in different resolutions ... but its always the same. I Tried it in Indesign ... works pretty good. But I want to go on with affinity tools. 

Any idea what to do?

Best regards

1.jpg

2.jpg

You didn’t answer Joachims question, what version you are using. The update mechanism, built into the app, on purpose doesn’t reflect every update immediately.

Look at the top of this thread and download the latest Mac version if necessary: 

The latest Windows version can be downloaded here:

7 hours ago, decision said:

1.jpg

Or in other words, in which application did you create this screenshot? In Publisher I have not yet found to show transparency in check pattern.

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"

4 hours ago, thomaso said:

In Publisher I have not yet found to show transparency in check pattern.

Try this :)

transparent-background.thumb.png.5c64f194b714aaddee99e81cbe5a09be.png

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.1.404) - Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.1.404) - Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 - Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7 - Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Hi Decision,

If you don't have Transparent Background enabled like Dominic has highlighted above then any export (with the exception of using Area: Selection without Background') will create a solid background.

You can either enable that option, or ensure the text object is selected and change Area: (Bereich) to Selection without Background (Auswahl ohne Hintergrund) and that will allow you to export without a background.