You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Click on the tiny triangle in the corner next to the Rectangle Tool icon to display the flyout where the other Shape Tools reside.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

http://I appreciate the suggestion, but am already aware of the flyout. I am missing stuff like the text tool.

On the left side of my screen, there are eighteen tools (excluding flyouts), starting with the view tool at the top and ending with the rectangle tool at the bottom, which has an additional list of 21 tools on its flyout.  I am missing the tools that should appear on my screen below the rectangle tool.  In customize tools I found I can display the tools  in more than one column.  When I selected 2 columns the missing tools appeared.

Thanks for the clarification, John. I’m glad you managed to find the solution to the problem.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

14 hours ago, johnbur10 said:

I am missing the tools that should appear on my screen below the rectangle tool.  In customize tools I found I can display the tools  in more than one column.  When I selected 2 columns the missing tools appeared.

It seems to me that if the Tools panel is customized such that all the tools won't fit in a single column, either the panel should automatically change to a 2 (or more if needed) column layout in the customize tools view, or alternately & perhaps more practically a warning should appear that all the tools can't be displayed in a 1 column layout.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I think a warning seems quite reasonable.
As long as the toolbar doesn’t scroll. I don’t think I could cope with a scrolling toolbar.
P.S. Could the Pen, Pencil and Vector drawing tools be given a joint ‘flyout item’ - similar to the shapes tools - to reduce the space needed?

48 minutes ago, GarryP said:

P.S. Could the Pen, Pencil and Vector drawing tools be given a joint ‘flyout item’ - similar to the shapes tools - to reduce the space needed?

That would be a nice space saving addition to the UI. ;)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...

I keep seeing old tutorials showing the 'Corner' tool but I can not find it anywhere. It's not listed in the tool bar or in the customize tool menu? Has this functionality be taken out of the program or put into a different tool?  By the way 'C' is no longer the shortcut for 'Corner' tool in 1.9.1 that 'C' shortcut is now Crop in that that version.

• 2 years later...

In my affinity Designer, I am missing quite a few tools, e.g. the flood fill tool. They also don't appear when I open > view > customise toolbar. It seems they are not available in my Affinity although I purchased it normally.

Hi @EFr and welcome to the forums,

Affinity Designer has a Vector Flood Fill tool in the Designer Persona, the Raster Flood Fill tool can be found in the Pixel Persona of Designer. Which other tools are you missing?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse