You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta update fails.....

Hi,

I am running Beta version 258 of Photo which I dled easily.

Every time there's a new beta version & I try to update to it, it fails straight away:

image.png.2e5808bbe4e93528f73b67595ce1bc95.png

Then, upon clicking on 'update':

I get preparing for a couple of seconds, then:

image.png.8c90f7b4b1c75007f83b0134d12c5103.png

I have tried this with the Beta version started & not started to the same end.

Do I need to uninstall the beta version?

I'm prompted to 'update' the beta version every time I start it.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks

Julie.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have rebooted the laptop many times. I might try uninstalling the whole thing & then starting again with the current iteration of the Beta!

Thanks

Julie.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I got access is denied message as well when trying to update. Afterwards, it was half-way installed/uninstalled? It wasn't in installed programs list, but the folder was still there. When trying to remove the folder to manually reinstall, trying to delete required administrator access (I hit "continue" for that), and it came up with another dialogue, permission is required, access is denied. Only thing I can think of is to restart, but I thought I would report in here in case others run into the same problem. Probably if I change to another folder name it will take. I didn't try that yet.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.