You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vertical align in text frame and Pinning does not work

1. Create a new document. Add a textframe and one line of text.
  2. Create a little vector object (circle) outside left of the text frame. Pin it and move the pin behind the first letter of the text.
  3. Place the cursor in front of the text line and hit enter > text line and pinned object move down one line.
  4. Select the text frame with the Move Tool.
  5. In Text Frame Studio select 'Vertical Alignment > Bottom Align' > text line moves to bottom of text frame but pinned object does not move.

Also, look at the values of the pinned object in the Pinning Studio. They do not change.

I am not 100% sure if this is a bug or if I have not understood pinning options completely ;-)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this has been addressed in the latest (#371) beta build. Please retest this behaviour.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

8 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

We believe this has been addressed in the latest (#371) beta build. Please retest this behaviour.

Great. Following my own step by step description this works now as expected.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.