Hi, I use a MagicTouchpad on my Mac for ages and I found one really big annoyance with Publisher Beta:

When I scroll through a document with 2 fingers I get a lot ob wobbling on the x axis in the free space around the document I normally don't use. Would it be possible to add a scroll lock button to the scroll bars so people could disable scroll wheel scrolling on a axis?

In my experience ( built in Trackpad on MacBook Pro) it is easy to scroll  with 2 fingers in 1 direction only. – Could you upload a screencast to illustrate your issue?

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"

@thomaso It looks to me that your video demonstrates the very thing. Although not extreme, there is some movement on the X-axis. I counted x-axis movement 11 times in your video. I don't mean that it is a bad thing depending on one's preferences, but that is what Tia Lapis is hoping to avoid with an optional axis lock. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

@thomaso It looks to me that your video demonstrates the very thing. Although not extreme, there is some movement on the X-axis. I counted x-axis movement 11 times in your video. I don't mean that it is a bad thing depending on one's preferences, but that is what Tia Lapis is hoping to avoid with an optional axis lock. 

Exactly. It's kinda annoying for the eyes und requires work at the end to correct the position after the scroll.

Edited by Tia Lapis
text error

I have the same issue and would love to see a scroll lock feature. Especially with a two pages spread that is zoomed in to fit the width, even just a littel unintented left and right scrolling is an annoyance.

Thank you! 

Indesign has an option for this called "pasteboards - horizontal margins". I'm still looking for the solution in Publisher to make the margins smaller, so that the page will only scroll vertical.