You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I use a MagicTouchpad on my Mac for ages and I found one really big annoyance with Publisher Beta:

When I scroll through a document with 2 fingers I get a lot ob wobbling on the x axis in the free space around the document I normally don't use. Would it be possible to add a scroll lock button to the scroll bars so people could disable scroll wheel scrolling on a axis?

Mac mini M1 / Ryzen 5600H & RTX3050 mobile / iPad Pro 1st - all with latest non beta release of Affinity

3 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

@thomaso It looks to me that your video demonstrates the very thing. Although not extreme, there is some movement on the X-axis. I counted x-axis movement 11 times in your video. I don't mean that it is a bad thing depending on one's preferences, but that is what Tia Lapis is hoping to avoid with an optional axis lock. 

Exactly. It's kinda annoying for the eyes und requires work at the end to correct the position after the scroll.

Edited by Tia Lapis
text error

Mac mini M1 / Ryzen 5600H & RTX3050 mobile / iPad Pro 1st - all with latest non beta release of Affinity

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 12:15 PM, nickoberg said:

Indesign has an option for this called "pasteboards - horizontal margins". I'm still looking for the solution in Publisher to make the margins smaller, so that the page will only scroll vertical.

Still nothing that gives us this option. This is such an annoying thing!

• 2 years later...
On 2/28/2022 at 2:42 AM, Matt James said:

Just came across this thread whilst Googling this problem as it's annoying me. Has there been any solution?

No, scrolling on trackpad is about like in ThomasO’s video. It is like the inertial movement snaps to an axis, but it moves around in both dimensions when you have your fingers down.