averstuyf

Designer freezes when working on a file on Google Drive File Stream

Posted (edited)
  • When using Affinity Designer 1.6.5 with Google Drive File Stream 30.1.36.2343 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 (apfs and FileVault enabled) on a Macbook Pro 13" 2018. 
  • The following steps reproduce the problem every time with any document.
  • As a new user I cannot comment on possible regressions from previous Designer versions.

Opening an afdesign file to work on from the Google Drive File Stream share and then saving changes, results in a file to be uploaded by File Stream. Next selecting the Export Persona to save all exports from this design, results in the MacOS folder selection dialog box being shown. And here the Affinity Designer application freezes if the directory shown or selected is on File Stream.

The same problem does not present itself when reproducing these steps either on a local drive or when File Stream is done uploading the changes before the folder selection dialog appears.

Edited by averstuyf

Hi @averstuyf,

Welcome to the forums and sorry for the delayed reply. 

This issue came up on the forums before: 

On 3/20/2018 at 11:58 AM, Chris B said:

Unfortunately at this time, we will not be singing up to this service. If you believe there is another way I can help you I would be happy to help but if you feel like this issue is restricted to the Google File Stream service I'm not sure what I can do to assist you for now.

Thanks,

Gabe.