You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

crashing when trying to export

Since the latest update, every time I try to export, Publisher crashes. I'm trying to export a flatten file. Both a partial, certain pages, export crashes and a full export. Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

I can confirm partially. Since .312 exporting a pdf is unconsistent. I have crashes, but sometimes it works. I just tried (pdf for export).

Primary: Windows 10 Pro 1903 / Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz / 32 GB RAM/ GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q
Secondary: os x mojave / imac 2017
A.Publisher 1.7.2.471
September 2019

• Staff

Hi pdh,

Can you go to %AppData%/Affinity/Publisher/ and rename the '1.0 (Beta)' folder to something like '1.0 (Beta) Old' and then try exporting again please. If that works could you zip up and attach a copy of that folder for us please?

Thanks!

• Staff

Then if you go back to that location delete the '1.0 (Beta)' folder and rename '1.0 (Beta) Old' to '1.0 (Beta)' it should return you do that point. Would you be able to zip up and attach that folder for us please?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to try taking the file and software over to a Mac and trying to export it to a pdf. At first it seemed like it would work. It started the export, but at the very end it failed and gave me an error along the lines of this file could not be created.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe the issues ("Crash exporting specific file to PDF" and "Resource Manager slow for specific file") has been fixed in the latest Affinity Publisher beta and should not occur in the initial release of Affinity Publisher next week.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.