You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ95, supported?

I have just purchased a new  Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ95, when I take the Raw files into the develop module they are desaturated and faded, on wide angle shots they have a strong vignette .

This camera has only just been released, so it may not be supported yet, or is it? I attach a raw file, it is not fully wide angle so does not have the vignette effect.

thanks

Dave

P1000102.RW2

Hello Dave,
To prevent fading and desaturation, activate the development assistant.
It's worth a try, until the Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ 95 is supported.

supported cameras look here.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

My thanks Gnobelix,

unfortunately I have already activated the development assistant, and tried all the various switch combinations with no improvement. I always shoot in RAW, but I may have to revert to JPG for a while, defeats the objective of buying this Camera. I know that Affinity cannot react to new cameras overnight, I can only hope that they do so soon, meanwhile I am forced to look for an alternative RAW processor. Any suggested options? 

Dave

Chris,

I have been playing with a couple of other programs, and I may have a very inconvenient and temporary solution. How often does Serif look at updating its support listing? any idea when or what might get done? 

Dave

squeezer,

I will not expect that Serif will solve color correction, saturation... for your camera by your expectation.

I 'm not sure are develop assistant corrections camera model dependent or even RAW format dependent, but if they are - then including TZ95 may have some benefits.

You are using well known Panasonic RW2 RAW format independent of the camera model and that is that - AP reads it and shows it to you as it was recorded by your sensor - the real meaning of RAW.

Will you deliberately switch on some corrections in assistant is up to you but only way to get clean data is keep everything off no matter how dull it looks - that's why are you here to correct it as you wish instead some unknown japanese engineer making jpg out of it.

Lens correction is another thing Serif has nothing with, they are simply using (as many others) ready made free data called LensFun database and to get your lens there somebody somewhere in the world must go through a tedious process of preparing a lot of pictures and making correction data for optical distortion, chromatic aberrations and vignette (for free in his spare time). Having TZ-70 and FZ-1000 before I know how horrifed you are with wide RAW shot, there were times I had no will to correct them and opted a JPG from camera.

There are some good things:

1. you can do it by yourself, include it in LensFun project and help all other TZ-95 owners in the world

2. you can help LensFun database maintainers by sending required pictures and they will process them

3. or you can at least try to clone existing data of the similar model as we now can add external lens data into a 1.7 beta (as I see in LensFun compact-panasonic.xml data nearest match is DMC-TZ71 with distortion and CA data (no vignetting data))

detailed info about 1. and 2. can be found on LensFun home page: http://lensfun.sourceforge.net/lenslist/

for 3. search this fine forum about adding external lens profiles into a 1.7 beta

Chris, kirbo,

I am not so sure, that what you say is correct

if other software, and I have found silkypix, load the raw files up as the same way affinity develop does my Nikon files, with a good initial rendition of the image  then with the right  camera support  affinity develop  should do so too. At the moment affinity develop is loading such a maladjusted image that it clearly is not making the most of the available data in the file, and develop's range of manual adjustment is insufficient to make a useful  start point for affinity proper. It also shows that the raw file has all the data that is needed to make a good initial image. 

Silkypix is different story - it is official Panasonic camera software and they make new version every time with a new camera model (you can see a lot of versions at Panasonic download site). Usually specific for some models (you can't even download it if you don't enter valid serial number of the camera)

Why they do that? Because they put correction data into a Silkypix itself and give you a highly Panasonic customized free version of software to be used with specific camera model.

All other software vendors may or may not have (money!!!) that data. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.