Is there a way to select certain fonts as favorites?

At the moment, every time I select a font and write a word in it and change the tool afterwards, it snaps back to Arial, and I have to look for the font again I have just written in.

How can I stop this behavior and have the artistic text tool remember the last used font - and how can I select favorite fonts where I have a shortlist of 4 - 6 fonts I regularly use, so I don't have to browse through all those comic sans funny symbols chalk scriptures and impact stuff to find the fonts I want to use.

thanks!

In the font drop down list there is a heart shape at the right side of each font entry. Click this to make the font a favourite.
At the top of  the font drop down list there is a button to only display favourite fonts.

You also can set defaults for the tools. I think this was explained in other threads already. It works for the text frame tool, too :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 (beta 1.7.1.390) - Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 (beta 1.7.1.390) - Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7 - Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77    ...    Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.399

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thank you, Dominik!

This way I can create my own font library with quick access. 

I'm going to work on the default settings of tools. That's my next task to learn with this software.

5 minutes ago, World View said:

I'm going to work on the default settings of tools. That's my next task to learn with this software.

You're welcome. The default settings of tools is pretty usefull. It just takes a little to find the most practical (= universal) settings for oneself :)

d..

Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 (beta 1.7.1.390) - Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 (beta 1.7.1.390) - Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7 - Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77    ...    Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.399

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil