You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RC-R

Whoa! Steady! I have just done exactly what you have suggested. The icon has appeared on the screen BUT NOWHERE ELSE. As I say it is inaccessible. I go to desktop to upload to PB and it just isn't there. It remains on the screen but not in the folder.. Sorry - imagine what it's like this end! R

30 minutes ago, Llattif said:

I have just done exactly what you have suggested. The icon has appeared on the screen BUT NOWHERE ELSE. As I say it is inaccessible. I go to desktop to upload to PB and it just isn't there. It remains on the screen but not in the folder.

The 'screen' you must be in is the browser when you are at the PhotoBox site. Refer to the time lapse video @- S - posted in this earlier reply. At about 1:01, on the "Upload your Photos" web page, as shown, click on the "Computer" link, then at about 1:06, click on the green "Get photos from your computer" one.

The window that opens (shown at about 1:09) should look something like the screenshot I posted in this earlier reply (with the larger browser window behind the smaller one showing "This PC," the Desktop folder, etc.)

Please make sure you are in the same window, with the Desktop folder selected, & post a screenshot of that, with the PhotoBox window in the background & the smaller one in front of it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

27 minutes ago, Llattif said:

Thanks Alfred. Is there anything I should do about [the extra ‘Desktop’ folder] ?

Yes, there is. Go to your Desktop, open the folder named ‘New folder (2)’ and then open the ‘Desktop’ subfolder. Move the contents of that folder to your real Desktop, and then delete the empty folder(s).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, R C-R said:

Select "Desktop" on the left, under This PC 

It might be slightly clearer to say "Open the Desktop folder, by double-clicking on it or by selecting it and pressing Enter".

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

This is almost as good as game of thrones, can't wait for episode (page) 5 lol!

1 hour ago, Llattif said:

It remains on the screen but not in the folder..

Joking aside, I think Llattif might mean Album not folder.

The image will remain on the desktop, uploading will upload a copy to either a temporary album or an album you have already created.

Actually having just typed that when uploading to Photobox are you telling Photobox to place it into an album or is it going into a temporary album, does it give you the option to do so?

Another method for uploading
Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-11-49-45.png 

1000622160_Photoboxdraganddrop.gif.c2b8e144037b16ba7cb9074b69ae7440.gif

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

10 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

It might be slightly clearer to say "Open the Desktop folder, by double-clicking on it or by selecting it and pressing Enter".

Maybe it is different on Windows, but on Macs it is only necessary to select the Desktop folder with a single click after clicking on the green "Get photos from your computer" button & the new upload window appears.

Regardless, I think the only thing that is going stop us from going around in circles over & over again is if @Llattif posts a screenshot of what is shown in the upload window with the Desktop folder (the blue icon one) selected in the list on the left. It also would help if Windows was set to show file extensions, as per this earlier suggestion, & if (ideally in the same post) a screenshot was included showing what the Windows Explorer shows to be in that same folder, where the png file is (or at least should be) located.

As it is now there have been so many posts showing so many different things that I am not even sure what the file name is of the PNG file to be uploaded, like if it is the 'baby' or the 'elephant' png, or which folder it is now in.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

29 minutes ago, Llattif said:

This is where it goes and from there I can go nowhere.

screenpng.JPG

1. Ok from there open Firefox
  2. Drag the Firefox window over to the left or right so it snaps to the side of the display: https://youtu.be/Bk8yTBLEj3c?t=38
  3. Open Photobox in the Firefox browser
  4. Go to upload and choose from computer
  5. look for a JPEG file and select it to upload
  6. you should now be at this stage
    Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-11-49-45.png
  7. From the desktop drag eleevening onto the dark grey area.
  8. Now click upload

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On 5/11/2019 at 6:55 PM, firstdefence said:

11 hours ago, Alfred said:

It would be helpful (both for you and for anyone trying to help you) if you were to tell Windows to show file extensions so that it’s immediately obvious whether a dialog or a File Explorer window is showing JPEGs, PNGs, or both.

Alfred spacer.png

Hi,

About showing file extensions https://www.howtogeek.com/205086/beginner-how-to-make-windows-show-file-extensions/

I would suggest looking at the content of your Desktop folder, checking you're in the right folder using the adress bar and the path: C:\Users\your_or_another_user_name_here\Desktop
(folders following this path are "real" and original Desktop folders).

Next step, open another Explorer windows and search for all the folders named "Desktop," and rename them, if the pathes are different than the ones I mentioned above, that you should keep since it's the "real" ones (rename the ones on your computer, not the ones in One Drive).

Those operations should clean the mess of your multiple Desktop folders.

And last (or first if it's an urgent) thing, export your PNG in "My images" folder or a subfolder if you need to finish this importing problem.

Good evening gentlemen

I have tried all your suggestions (the ones of which I am capable!). I realise that you are so far ahead of my game. I thank you all for your patience and efforts.

It is perhaps, for your sanity, better if I don't pester you any more. To sum up from myperspective: I really don't fathom why jpegs etc go fine - it is the pngs which are failing. Why, oh why does the png only go the the screen and not to a folder???? If any of you have anything further that may help I would love to receive it - I just don't want to annoy you and take up your time. Thank you.

Roger

27 minutes ago, Llattif said:

To sum up from myperspective: I really don't fathom why jpegs etc go fine - it is the pngs which are failing. Why, oh why does the png only go the the screen and not to a folder????

If you could help us to understand what you mean by “go [to] the screen and not to a folder” we might be able to assist you further. If “the screen” refers to the Windows Desktop, then it is a folder: it’s just a special view of that particular location.

It is perhaps, for your sanity, better if I don't pester you any more.

Alfred spacer.png

Nice, you've show the extensions, and we can see at least one .pdf
It'll be easier for you now, since you won't have to write "png" or "jpg" in the file names.

About Photobox, they are a little confusing…

Which photo files can I upload?
We support JPEG and PNG photos.
You can upload JPEG photos (files ending in jpg. and .jpeg) with a size that goes from 20 kB to 25 MB or PNG photos (between 40 kB and 25 MB in size) using all devices and upload methods.
Please note that your photo file must be in the sRGB colourspace, as other colourspaces such as aRGB and CMYK will be printed differently. The image dimension can also not exceed 90 million pixels. To check the file type, size, color representation and dimension of your photo, right click on the photo on your computer and select "Properties", then "Details" if you're using a PC, or CTRL-click if you are using a Mac.

On another page we can read:

Quels formats de fichiers photos puis-je télécharger ? (Which photo files can I upload?)

Nous prenons en charge les photos en format JPEG et PNG.
Vous pouvez télécharger des photos JPEG (fichiers se terminant par jpg. et .jpeg) d'une taille allant de 20kB jusqu'à 25 MB, depuis tous les types d'appareils et méthodes de téléchargement disponibles. Pour télécharger une image PNG, il vous faudra recourrir à l'utilsation de l'application mobile ou télécharger celle-ci depuis votre "Ordinateur" sur notre page de téléchargement*. Cette image sera automatiquement convertie en format JPEG lors de son téléchargement, sans aucune perte de qualité. Votre photo PNG peut mesurer entre 40kB et 25MB.

* For uploading PNG, you need to use a mobile application or our upload page. This image will be automatically converted to JPG.

Les formats de fichiers d'images acceptés (accepted file formats)
Nous acceptons uniquement les fichiers JPEG** (avec une extension au format .jpg ou .jpeg) d'une taille comprise entre 20 Ko et 25 Mo. La résolution ne doit pas dépasser 90 millions de pixels. Il est impossible d'utiliser les formats BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, PDF ou autres lors du transfert sur le site Photobox depuis votre ordinateur.***
 Vos fichiers JPEG doivent être en sRVB (pas de CMJN ou Niveau De Gris au risque de générer des problèmes durant l'impression de vos produits)

** We accept only JPG files. It's impossible to use BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, PDF file formats when uploading from your computer to our site.

It seems French people pestered them more since our FAQ explains better why you can't upload PNG from your computer ;)

Comment: and if PNG are converted to JPEG, there's no reason to use them if transparency is converted to white background :S

Edited by Wosven
Added comment

My little gif contradicts 

44 minutes ago, Wosven said:

** We accept only JPG files. It's impossible to use BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, PDF file formats when uploading from your computer to our site.

lol! ;-)