You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been conversing with several members today about the "lack of" an animation creator/player/editor in the Affinity suite of applications, & I thought I would make a pitch for writing a gif creator/player/editor in Affinity Photo; here goes:

Andy shared that he worked for 2 years without success, trying to develop gif creation/player/editor in Affinity Design; it would be easier to develop this feature for Affinity Photo.

Just "throwing spitballs at the wall here"; if you approached animation from a pixel application approach like Affinity Photo, it might be easier to "reverse engineer" the code from the Gimp.app (a free and open source pixel application) @ www.Gimp.org than starting from scratch;  if I read the tea leaves correctly, the developers at Gimp.org encourage "liberal use & sharing" with no licensing fees required.  (I am sure that if you could use their code to write in a gif creator/player/editor and send them a nice donation, that they would be greatly appreciative).  I hope that you will at least share this idea with the "dream team" and you guys might put this in the pipeline.

gimp gif 1.png

Gimp gif 2.png

Goimp gif 3.png

PAULRFONTENOT ;-)

Late 2013 iMac/32gb ram/2tb ssd     2018 MacBook Pro/32gb ram/1 tb ssd

Affinity Designer/Designer Beta

Affinity Photo/Photo Beta

Affinity Publisher Beta