You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Minor issues with Resource manager and Text Frame

I am not sure if these are really  bugs or just a suggestion for improvement so this might be in the wrong forum.  These are  are  relatively minor issues  but I wanted to just give some feedback as they do impact on the usability of the application. I am using Windows 10 and downloaded the Latest version 1.7.0.312 on  9/05/2020   but these 'bugs' apply equally to the previous version

Resource manager and missing resources.

If you move resources to a new folder and they become missing in Publisher, the resource manager is not very helpful or intuitive to use. 

When looking for a missing file , using the 'update' button it would be useful to populate the filename window with the name of the image.

It would be even more useful if the resource manager could just be pointed to the new folder. Currently each resource has to be updated individually. With many documents having tens, or even hundreds, of resources it is a major rework.

Text Frames and Styles?(possibly)

I was working on a document and wanted three different text frame styles, one plain and two with contrasting backgrounds. It would have been useful to employ Text Frame Styles but they don't seem to be available. So each time I changed the appearance of a text frame those changes persisted to the next Text Frame, meaning I was constantly editing text Frame parameters. For me the best workflow is to use plain Text frames and only edit the parameters of each Text Frame at the end of the document creation but that is not an ideal way to work for me.

I am enjoying playing with the Application and look forward to the final product to accompany my AP and AD application.

PS. In the edit menu I can 'Paste Style' as I can also in A_Designer ( and maybe A_Photo ?) .but this menu option is not available when I right click on the mouse. It would be great if it could be accessed from a mouse click as well

10 minutes ago, Gerard O said:

Text Frames and Styles?(possibly)

You can use assets for this purpose. Design the text frames you want and add them to assets. Only problem is that some assets are barely visible when you not show them as list in Assets panel.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed