You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need help: macro with duplicate and locked aspect ratio

Hello. I have to say I've tried to find the bugs and what I was doing wrong. No luck. I want a final 1920x1080 flatten image from two layers of the same image. Layer (2) is 1080 tall and [Align Right]. Layer (1) is a duplicate of (2). (2) is 1920 in width. (2) is [Align Center] and [Align Middle]. (2) is the back+blur and (1) is top+drop shadow. AP records every step. When I play it back the locked aspect ratio is not recorded (Transform > Lock Aspect Ratio toggle). Ratio distortion. I have my macro here, minus the blur and drop shadow steps. I just want to understand what I am doing wrong. It's a simple macro, but somehow I can't make it to run. Thank you.

macro-test.afmacro

• Staff
9 hours ago, arial_bold said:

When I play it back the locked aspect ratio is not recorded (Transform > Lock Aspect Ratio toggle)

Hi arial_bold and Welcome to the Forums,

The lock aspect ratio not getting recorded is a known issue and has been fixed in the 1.7 beta version of Affinity Photo which you can download from here and you should find the aspect ratio is kept when you run the Macro :)