You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please improve iCloud integration

“Default Save Location” setting is clunky. Better would be for home screen to have two tabs (“iCloud” and “On My iPad”) and function as a simple file navigation system like Mac’s Finder. Changes made to an iCloud file via iPad should automatically save to iCloud and be openable via Mac and vice versa. ArtStudio Pro, for example, does this well. I’m often going back and forth from iPad to Mac to make changes, so this would be extremely helpful, thanks!

• 1 month later...

I’m having the same problem...if I  Open a file from cloud storage (iCloud) Change the file on my iPad and save it, I can open the file on my Mac and it shows the changes. If I then make some changes on the Mac and save it the changes are not reflected on the iPad even if I open the file from files, to continue working on it on the iPad  I need to delete it and then reopen it. 

I am running affinity on an iPad Pro (2018) and it is version 1.7. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem except that from time to time the iCloud “connection” on the iPad for the document is lost and whilst save does not report any problem, no iCloud updates occurs and I cannot find the document anywhere ; to get around the issue I need to save the document under a new name. I haven’t determine whether the problem occurs because I use Designer on both iPad and Mac, though I’m pretty sure the latest document was exclusively opened on iPad.

The file system remains annoying. I read that many people would like a similar system as in, for example, Linea or Procreate. So that the structure of the folders on iCloud is the same as that in the iPad app. For example, if you put a file in one of those folders from the desktop version, you should immediately see it in the iPad app. And vice-versa!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For those who are not aware, there have been issues in the desktop versions of the Affinity applications with cloud-based storage corrupting Affinity documents.

Because of the way that the documents are used by Serif's engine, it is not safe to actively work on documents that are stored on cloud storage.

In a way, this scheme on the iPad is helping to protect you from having your documents rendered unusable.

This may be improved in the future, but for now it is a good thing, like it or not.