You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RGB/CMYK/RGB HEX/PANTONE for a logo

Hi, I am in the process of fine tune a logo work. Need some help, please.

Must do RGB/CMYK/RGB HEX/PANTONE versions for the two colours of the logo. Each colour is in different document (One for the RGB, one for CMYK, etc).

My documents are all in RGB/16 (in Document Setup>Colour).  Should I change the Colour in the document setup or leave all as RGB/16? 

Will at the end of the process export the logo in TIFF RGB/CMYK  and Jpegs. Should I export in any other formats?

By selecting  a colour in the logo and changing the Fill>Colour Panel>Sliders I automaticaly  can see the values changing for the different sliders (RGB/CMYK/HEX) for the guide lines manual.

Are this values correct to write in the guides manual? Is this conversion ok?

What about to choose the closest PANTONE?

I tried this ( https://www.ginifab.com/feeds/pms/ ) but it is just an aproximation.

Is there a better way, to find the PANTONES I need, maybe using only the Aff. Designer that I am not aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

• Staff

Hi AT.HA :)

12 hours ago, AT.HA said:

My documents are all in RGB/16 (in Document Setup>Colour).  Should I change the Colour in the document setup or leave all as RGB/16? 

I'd recommend setting the document colour space to match it's intended export colour space, so if you're exporting to CMYK, set the document to CMYK to accurate visualise the colours of the logo pre-export.

Will at the end of the process export the logo in TIFF RGB/CMYK  and Jpegs. Should I export in any other formats?

This depends entirely on the application of your logo and the formats you require, unfortunately I cannot comment here.

Are this values correct to write in the guides manual? Is this conversion ok?

This conversion is correct and you should find the colour values accurate, if you're unsure at any point you can check this here - https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/color/index.html

Is there a better way, to find the PANTONES I need, maybe using only the Aff. Designer that I am not aware of?

You can use the colour converter on Pantones site, inputting your RGB values to find the closest match and you can narrow this search down to be 'book' specific.
https://store.pantone.com/color-finder#/convert?pantoneBook=all

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

First things first. This is a great forum, with great people! Thank you Dan for your help.

Allow me some verification, in order to do things right.

Change Document colour space according to, the objects (logo/type) and future export colour space.

All I need is to change the colour document, with the document open, in: Document Setup>Colour>Colour Format and choose according; correct?

For the Pure Black and White Konckout versions is it wise to change the Document Colour Formta to Grey8 or Grey 16?

Export:

The use will be for paper, website and video.

Paper: CMYK and Pantone (Tiff or SVG)

Video: RGB (Jpeg)

Is this correct?

Conversion: really good news. And thanks for this additional tool: https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/color/index.html

Hope this help others here in the forum.

Pantone: is this the tool you use?

https://store.pantone.com/uk/en/color-finder#/convert?colorSpace=rgb&pantoneBook=all

Thanks again Dan .-)

• Staff

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response, I accidentally removed notifications against this post and was unaware of your response until now. 

On 5/10/2019 at 11:45 AM, AT.HA said:

All I need is to change the colour document, with the document open, in: Document Setup>Colour>Colour Format and choose according; correct?

That's correct, this will convert your document to the selected colour space.

For the Pure Black and White Konckout versions is it wise to change the Document Colour Formta to Grey8 or Grey 16?

I wouldn't say this is necessary, personally.

Export:

The use will be for paper, website and video.

Paper: CMYK and Pantone (Tiff or SVG)

Video: RGB (Jpeg)

Is this correct?

Unfortunately these are all design choices that must be made by yourself, as we don't have any say over the final product. If your logo is vector however you could keep it as a scalable format for use on a website, such as SVG.

Pantone: is this the tool you use?

I don't tend to use any Pantone tools/colours in my role, perhaps other users on the forums may have more experience here, but I should see no issue using the manufacturers website!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)