You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adobe Bridge replacement DAM

At the present time I use Adobe Bridge to look through my files for images that I need for my work. Because I'm now using Affinity products instead of Adobe products (PS, AI, ID) I cannot see previews of the Affinity images. A DAM product that replaces what Adobe Bridge does but adds support for Affinity images would be very helpful for graphic designers. It would also show PDFs, TIFF, JPEG, and GIF image previews and allow moving or opening images.

This is a very specific use but one that most users would, I believe, support.

Try to search the forum for "DAM".

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Look after tools like XNViewMP then, though it's not what I would call a real DAM here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

That does support a lot of formats (500) but not Affinity products unfortunately. From the graphic designer perspective, Adobe Bridge already has this capability. What I'm looking for is to able to see a preview of all of my Affinity file images. The idea is to be able to scroll through your Affinity images as well as photos, PDFs etc... 

Wow, thank you so much! I did not see Affinity's formats in the supported list and when I opened XN View there were only placeholders for Affinity. But I made some changes and reopened the program and it works! This is exactly what I was looking for but didn't know it existed.

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 1.57.55 PM.png

20 hours ago, ikirbster said:

But I made some changes and reopened the program and it works!

For me XNViewMP works as a good replacement to Adobe Bridge, too. Only APub files show up as icons. I assume this will change some time later.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 5/10/2019 at 7:07 PM, dominik said:

For me XNViewMP works as a good replacement to Adobe Bridge, too. Only APub files show up as icons. I assume this will change some time later.

d.

You could try to add the Affinity formats into the list of supported formats and the thumbnails might turn up. 

1 hour ago, Tourmaline said:

You could try to add the Affinity formats into the list of supported formats and the thumbnails might turn up. 

Hi @Tourmaline

Good idea, thanks. I looked around but cannot find a list where I could add *.afpub. Do you know how to find it?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1780871716_2019-05-1310_55_18-C__Users_PC1_Pictures_-XnViewMP.png.26a96875b844759ca1108663f7eac695.png

add affinity publisher and then the .apub extension. It MIGHT show the thumbnails.

18 hours ago, dominik said:

Hi @Tourmaline

Good idea, thanks. I looked around but cannot find a list where I could add *.afpub. Do you know how to find it?

d.

Have a look at this thread, it might help.

You also might be able to manually add the formats in xnviewMP

2019-05-13 10_55_18-C__Users_PC1_Pictures_ - XnView MP.png

Unfortunately that didn't work, only a placeholder.