You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 5/11/2019 at 5:46 AM, firstdefence said:

I got bored waiting for a delivery so made a video...

Thank you very much firstdefence.  It took a couple of tries but I got there in the end.  Clearly, I would never have got this on my own.  

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.  It is really appreciated.  Nice to know that there is a supportive Affinity network.  Since purchasing Affinity a couple of months ago, I have been using it to process RAW images only.  Most of which only need a tweet here and there and then convert them to .jpg or whatever is required.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:32 AM, Alfred said:

From your screenshot the rectangle is already set to ‘No Fill’, so all you need to do is enlarge the foil image to completely surround the rectangle, and then drag the rectangle layer in the Layers panel and drop it onto the thumbnail of the foil image.

Thank you for your help! I still cant seem to get it for some reason? :/

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 1.25.53 PM.png

You have the foil image selected,

The bounding box (blue line with the handles on the corners and centre lines) grab the bottom left handle and drag it down and to the left, this will enlarge the foil image into the white bordered rectangle.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

18 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

You have the foil image selected,

The bounding box (blue line with the handles on the corners and centre lines) grab the bottom left handle and drag it down and to the left, this will enlarge the foil image into the white bordered rectangle.

on the image i posted the bounding box is already going over the rectangle border that need to be filled in with the foil image. But it just cuts off when i try to fill in the rectangle. I pretty much want the actual border to get filled in with the foil. For example the text i was able to fill in with the gold foil no problem. see attached.

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 2.06.32 PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-05-13-at-20-31-21.png

You could also save this as a style.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-13-at-20-39-19.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

You're welcome theotw