You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi 

I have just started having issues with Resource Manager. It is saying random images (more than most) have now been Modified, but they haven't. I thought I would just grin and bear it, but if I update and go on to the next one, the previous one says Modified again. 

Just thought I'd point it out before I go any further trying to update anymore.

Cheers 
Andy

31 minutes ago, abfdesign said:

Hi 

I have just started having issues with Resource Manager. It is saying random images (more than most) have now been Modified, but they haven't. I thought I would just grin and bear it, but if I update and go on to the next one, the previous one says Modified again. 

Just thought I'd point it out before I go any further trying to update anymore.

Cheers 
Andy

I have now been into a few other documents that I have set up, and it is pretty random. Some have less that say, 'Modified' and some  have more. If I update then leave Resource Manager and go back in, the images have been Modified again.

Thanks.
Andy

• Staff

Hi abfdesign,

Would you be able to supply a document along with (some of) the supporting files that keep showing up as modified, especially after updating them. I've tried it myself but have not been able to reproduce it. What are the files stored on, is it a network drive, cloud storage etc?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Hi abfdesign,

Would you be able to supply a document along with (some of) the supporting files that keep showing up as modified, especially after updating them. I've tried it myself but have not been able to reproduce it. What are the files stored on, is it a network drive, cloud storage etc?

Thanks,

This is one of many. None of these files actually need to be Modified, but if I do, it says, 'OK', until I move onto the next one and then it reverts to, 'Modified again. 

Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 13.45.20.png

• Staff

Thanks for the screenshot - I've noticed the file that is showing as modified (I can only see the extension of one) is an afdesign file. I've just placed one of those myself and found that instantly displays as modified. Is this the case for all your other files that show as modified? What is the format for the ones that show as OK?

Hi

I have to go out shortly, but in this case, they are all abfdesign files. I have now realised that in the other documents that I have done, it is only the abfdesign files that say, Modified. But it is funny in this document that it is so random where ALL the file are abfdesign.

Thanks

Andy

• Staff

Thanks for letting us know - it seems we do actually have this logged already with development. It seems to be any non-raster image format is affected, so AFPub, AFDesign, AFPhoto, PDF etc will be affected.

• Staff
Just now, abfdesign said:

So I should just hold my horses for now and hope it's sorted next update?

Thanks

Andy

I would carry on with work as normal and just ignore the 'modified' on those for now - especially if you know they've not changed. Once this gets fixed it will appear in the release notes for the build. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this has been addressed in the latest (#371) beta build. Please retest this behaviour.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.