You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey Guys,

Unable to export to DXF directly form Designer, why? (Due to licensing?).

I just found many requests for DXF-support have been done here before without a result.
And I understand you can't and shouldn't jump on everything users ask you for.

Why is there no support for DWG/DXF-export yet, what is it that makes it hard to integrate this option/file format; it's the standard format for laser cutting & engraving and waterjet-cutting?

(Luckily there's sometimes support to do the cutting with other file formats such as SVG, EPS, 3DM, PDF and even AI or CDR, but DXF seems to be the standard/most common choice so then you'll need a 3rd party app just to get your design/file DXF'ed).

Edited by Michel.

I can't believe that this isn't implement yet. I found post dated from 2014 asking for that feature. 

Im stock as well. Want to use designer to export ''faceplate'' design wihch require ''.DXF'' file. But unfortunately just because of that I have to export to .PDF then import back into illustrator with sometimes unexpected results. 

Hey dev team, what are you waiting for ?! Hey don't forget to have the option to convert ''spline'' into ''polyline''.

Come on there is so many people which are waiting for that single feature to make the switch from AI to AD.